UNITED WAY OF AIKEN COUNTY
Full Time AmeriCorps VISTA Member
Who is an AmeriCorps VISTA Member?
Men and women over 18 who are US citizens or legal residents and want to make a difference in their communities.
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program dedicated to ending poverty by building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and public agencies. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. With passion, commitment, and hard work, they create or expand programs designed to bring individuals and communities out of poverty.
To develop, enhance and promote financial literacy and home repair services for low-income individuals in in Aiken County.
- Develop a financial literacy and stability program
- Create presentations, surveys, reports and evaluations to track program outcomes, goals and outreach
- Assist with the development of standardized practices for volunteers and pre and post client services
- Assist with fundraising
- Participate and engage clients in monthly program and AmeriCorps VISTA required meetings
- Participate in the planning and implementation of area’s annual MLK Celebration
- Assist other departments and perform other duties as it relates directly to AmeriCorps VISTA
Modest living stipend, education award or cash incentive following service, deferment of student loans, health coverage, child care assistance, relocation assistance, non-competitive hiring status for federal jobs following service, professional development during service
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How do I apply?
- Visit My AmericCorps Portal and apply online at https://my.americorps.gov
- Download ONLINE APPLICATION
- Email Tammy Davis to request electronic application
- Stop by the United Way office (235 Barnwell Ave, NW, Aiken, SC) to receive an application
Application deadline extended to June 23, 2014
Community Investment Director
235 Barnwell Ave, NW, Aiken, SC 29803
P.O. Box 699, Aiken, SC 29802-0699
o 803-648-8331 ext. 17 f 803-641-2887
August 18-21: Training -Atlanta, GA
August 25-27: Training- Columbia, SC
September 2: Official Assignment Begins
September 2 & 3: United Way Site Training